My Peace

My Peace
Under Sail

Monday, September 26, 2011

26 September 2011

I received a comment about Mia not having her lifejacket on while on the dock at Moko Marina in Rio Dulce. 
Mia Chillin' on the dock at Moko Marina, Rio Dulce Guatemala



Mia relaxing on My Peace with some Caribbean White Rum


"Can I have some Coke and ice with my rum?"



Note: Mia has her lifejacket on.

In Belize as well as Guatemala, dogs are not required to wear lifejackets on the docks or boats unless they have been drinking; they are not required to wear lifejackets in bars even when the bar is built over the water.  Mia loves to go bar hopping to check out the local dogs, the 4 legged types. 


"Hey, I ordered water on the rocks!" "J" Byrd's Bar in Placencia, Belize

"That's better!"


"I love ice water in this heat!"

Unlike the U.S. Mia is welcome almost everywhere as long as she behaves, which she usually does unless a cat enters the establishment.  The only place Mia was denied service was in Puerto Morelos, Mexico.  There was a big sign at the door that said "NO DOGS ALLOWED", Mia's feelings were hurt so we went elsewhere for dinner.

"Watch out Dad, here comes Mom!" Bruno's Rio Dulce, Guatemala

"Wish there was a nice strong Dachshund, Chihuahua, or better yet a Chi-winnie to talk to."

"This heat gets me down."


This posting is for humor purposes only, we never give Mia alcoholic beverages, the bowl she is drinking from in Placencia, Belize is filled with water.

No comments:

Post a Comment