My Peace

My Peace
Under Sail

Friday, September 9, 2011

9 September 2011

9 Sep 2011 - Today was a great day, I went online to check the "SPOT TRACK" for Escondida and found that she was in Livingston, Guatemala.  Matt & Carla got beat up pretty bad in Placencia, Belize by the evening storms and decided to head to Rio Dulce.  They arrived in Fronteras around 1430 hours and we met at Bruno's for a celebration drink, than this evening Matt, Carla, Peter, Karla, Rose and I had dinner on My Peace.

Later I went out to the "Blog Site" for Second Chance to see if there was any progress made on saving Mahalo Nui and found out that they had a very successful day, let us all Pray that the temporary patch applied today holds through the night so they can get her across the reef and into the marina in the morning.  You can follow the progress of saving Mahalo Nui on John & Beth's Blog Site at http://gemini2ndchance.blogspot.com/  Let us all say a Prayer for J & Jerr that they will be successful Saturday morning in moving Mahalo Nui to the marina.

So far this evening we haven't received our nightly thunder storm, maybe we will be spared tonight, the thunderstorm isn't so bad it is that we always loose our electrical power for several hours when they come through.  I wish some of this rain would fall in south central Texas, when I spoke with my son David, that whole area is just ready to explode it is so dry, several hundred homes have already been lost in the area.  I was kind of hoping that Tropical Storm Nate would turn northward and bring them some relief but as it stands now with 3 storms working none are heading toward Texas.

1 comment:

  1. Holy Moly! Texas is bursting into flames right now. But what's hilarious is all the people from out west said they're going back because of the drought, fires, and heat. Several of my pt's have also come in to pick up their pt reports because they're moving back north. They just aren't tough enough for TX! Get used to it people! We are out of water here! Maybe they should invade Guatamala since they have plenty of rain there. Miss you guys. MUAH!

    ReplyDelete